Help: Parent Control cannot block kid use VPN to connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-06-30 00:20:20
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I set up the parent control to limit kids time to access the internet, but my kids downloa VPN app on their IPhone, and it looks like they can access internet anytime without limitation. How could I do to let my router block those VPN apps or at least Parent Control would work even VPN is installed on mobile device.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help: Parent Control cannot block kid use VPN to connect to internet
2019-07-01 16:56:49

@creekdale 

Beacuse a VPN hides traffic from inspection it is difficult to block.  a few option you have is 1.  You can look into a M.D.M  (mobile device management) app that allow you to manage the apps on your children's devices.  We do not have any recommendations on those though.  2.  Log into the router and create a whitelist for the specific devices.  White list can be setup under Access Control in the Security menu under Advanced options.  On the Archer A20 the White list will only allow access to devices in the white list.  All other devices will not be able to connect.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1306

Replies: 1