A new firmware (version 1.3.1) for Deco M5 has been released. The new release has fixed the Wi-Fi dropout issue with the 1.2.8 version and added some new amazing features.
1. Please update the Deco App to the latest version in order to use new features.
2. If there are other Deco models in your Deco network, you may miss some new features till other models release updates in the near future.
3. Currently the new firmware is partially released. Thus, it’s normal that not all the users will be able to receive the update. Within a weeks’ time all users should have the update available.
New Features and Enhancements
1. Added smart home hub feature and supported to manage Kasa devices (lights/plugs/switches) and Philips Hue lights (hue bridge required) in Deco app.
Before you use this feature, please connect the smart devices to the Deco network at first. Then tap on the ‘+’ at the top right corner in Deco app and select the smart devices to add.
After the setup is complete, you will be able to control your smart devices directly in Deco app.
For example, if you add a Kasa smart light bulb in Deco app, you will be able to turn on/off the bulb, view its energy/time usages, change its brightness and color directly in Deco app.
2. Added Shortcut and Automation features.
Shortcut: Execute an action with one tap in the app. You could create a specific action for devices connected to the Deco network, including common network devices and smart devices. Once a shortcut is created, it will show as an icon on the Shortcut page in the app. Simply tap this icon to make the shortcut take effect.
Automation: You can create a Trigger and an Action for specific devices and make it take effect in the defined time period. Once the Trigger happens, then the Action will be executed automatically without a manual tap in the Deco app.
You can refer to the following FAQs for more detailed information.
How to use Shortcut function in Deco app?
How to use Automation function in Deco app?
3. Displayed which client is connected to which deco and which Wi-Fi band.
On the dashboard of Deco app, tap one of the client devices and click the “>” icon besides the device name. Then you will enter the detailed page of the device, on which you can see which Deco and which band the device is connected to.
4. Displayed how Decos are connected to each other.
Tap Internet, then select one of the Deco units and you will be able to view its IP address, clients connected to it and how it’s connected to the front-end Deco unit.