Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-17 10:56:28
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 171215

Ive had to use Adaptor in the model selection as my Archer C9 is not listed there .Version is V3 and firware is 171215 .

When i first set up my Archer C9 i was able to connect to it remotly using the tether app on my phone (cloud device) but recently it wont let me connect remotly . The tether app now shows the Archer C9 as being offline unless im on its own network when all works well .  I have also noticed that when i try to log into the cloud via the routers web interface it says that the server is unavailable ? Has anyone any ideas on this please ?

Thanks,

Daran.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-17 17:24:07

@Daran 

For remote access through tether you need to make sure that both tether and the router are linked to the same TP-Link ID.  Can you confrim this?

Options
Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-17 19:10:34 - last edited 2019-07-17 19:24:15

Thanks for getting back to me , yes both are linked to the same account but at the moment when I try to log into the cloud via my routers web interface it says unable to connect to the cloud server . It just stopped working overnight . I’ve attached a photo .

Options
Re:Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-17 19:22:45

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-17 22:51:40

@Daran 

Its possible there was a issue with the cloud server.  To check we would recomend signing out of the cloud server on both tether and the router then logging back in and seeing if communication is restored.  If not please let us know 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-18 08:48:01

Hi ,

i have logged out of the cloud on teather but It won’t let me log in on the router to log out ! Still the same 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-19 08:03:43

The problem I’m having is that the C9 won’t log back into the cloud , just says it can’t connect to the server every time I try . Is there a problem with the servers perhaps ? 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-25 22:25:05

@Daran 

I just want to be clear did you try to log into the router via its UI, and not tether and unlink and relink it to your cloud?  You mentioned the Tether but i didn't see if you did it with the router was well.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Tether App no longer allowing remote connection to Archer C9
2019-07-26 07:52:07

Yes I did it on the router UI as well . After looking into this problem I have managed to solve it . For some reason the router had lost sync with the time servers and was showing a date and time 21 years in the past (no idea how this hapend) I reset the time and synced with the NPT servers again and now Tether works remotely again .

hope this helps if someone else suffers with the same problem . Also I’d like to thank Carl for his time .

Daran.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4053

Replies: 8

Related Articles