Would like to be able to connect a USB printer to my Deco M9 via it's USB port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-19 23:12:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Would like to be able to connect my USB printer (Canon IP4300) to my Deco M9 unit via it's USB port similar to how I had it connected to my Apple Airport Extreme.  I found some information on the TP-Link database re how to do it, but the download it's referring to doesn't seem to exist? It tells me to downloat "USB Printer Controller Installer_Mac" which I havn't been able to find?  It also says to download it in "Utility" which also doesn't seem to exist!  I need some help......

Options
4 Reply
Re:Would like to be able to connect a USB printer to my Deco M9 via it's USB port
2019-07-22 15:54:39

@LJM_CB 

The ability to use a USB connected printer would be with our SOHO routers, but not the Deco. The USB connection that the device has is not for a USB connected device. I am afraid I am not able to speak on the reasoning, but simply what it does not do.

If your printer happens to have a Ethernet port, you could connect it to the Deco that way as a alternative.

Options
Re:Would like to be able to connect a USB printer to my Deco M9 via it's USB port
2020-04-10 15:44:10
TP should add this important piece of information on all product descriptions! Even if I still would have bought TP, I may have chosen a different model, had I known!
Options
2020-04-16 21:13:16

@Tony I'd like to give this a thumbs down.  Total bummer. What can be utilized via the USB port?

Options
2021-09-27 03:31:43

@Tony what is the USB port for if not to connect devices such as a printer. I wish I could down vote your response. I agree with the original poster that it would've been nice to know ahead of time that my printer will only work directly connected to my computer. That isn't helpful.

Tony wrote

@LJM_CB 

The ability to use a USB connected printer would be with our SOHO routers, but not the Deco. The USB connection that the device has is not for a USB connected device. I am afraid I am not able to speak on the reasoning, but simply what it does not do.

If your printer happens to have a Ethernet port, you could connect it to the Deco that way as a alternative.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 6466

Replies: 4

Related Articles