Deco App (with M9 Plus) showing a ton of Unknown entries

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-24 04:45:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

I've noticed something odd/annoying:  Every night around 1:30 AM Central, a new device joins the network.  It is labeled "Unknown" and is offline.  Each one has a different MAC address.  2 things:

1.  What is causing it?

2.  Any way to multi select offline devices and "remove" them from the list instead of doing it one by one?  I have probably 20 entries of Unknown devices that are offline.

I may have another question concerning Ring and the Decos but that's for another topic.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco App (with M9 Plus) showing a ton of Unknown entries
2019-07-24 16:56:55 - last edited 2019-07-24 16:57:38

@TurboMach5 

You can note the MAC address when the device connects at 1:30 and compare that to devices on your network to see which device is doing it.

In the mean time you can blacklist the MAC address (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1796/) to prevent a connection to your Deco network until you find the device that is causing it. Unfortuantely, there is no feature to delete multiples devices at the same time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1553

Replies: 1

Related Articles