Range Extender connection issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-29 02:56:57
Model: AC500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Is there a reason that the tp-link AC750 Wi-Fi (205) Range Extender I recently purchased does not work with my Netgear91 Router?

I have tried two of them with similar results. The first one took over an hour to connect to the router after attempting all three options (Web Browser, Tether App & WPS Button) multiple times. The Extender finally connected thru WPS however I was not able to connect a Galaxy s10 or iPhone 6 to the Extender. I gave up after two hours.

The next day I checked and the Galaxy s10 connected to the extender but that only lasted for one day and then I could not connect again.

I exchanged the unit and had similar results attempting to set this unit up and have not been able to complete the process this time either.

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Range Extender connection issue
2019-07-30 00:16:13

@Blbclub 

The RE205 should have no issues connecting to any router.  I do not know what the Netgear 91 is though.  What i would recomend is setting the RE205 to a custom network name and see if you still have the same issue.  If not the issue was steming from the same network name being used and devices being confused as to which AP to connect to. 

Options
Re:Re:Range Extender connection issue
2019-08-01 03:15:18

Carl,

Thanks for the post, I attempted to change the Network Name but that was more difficult to do than it should have been. I finally reset the extender and went thru the connection process again and was finally able to complete the process using the WPS option. I currently have two cell phones connected so hopefully it lasts

Options
Re:Re:Range Extender connection issue
2019-08-07 03:36:22

Thanks for your reply, I am currently on vacation out of town but will follow up when I return

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2866

Replies: 3

Related Articles