Votes

Request ability to turn on date/time stamp to Kasa Cam recordings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-07-31 03:38:56 - last edited 2019-07-31 16:23:36

The KC120 works well as a wireless security camera. It would be very useful if there was an option in the Kasa app to turn on a date time stamp in Kasa Cam video recordings. Currently video recordings do not display a date time stamp.  Most other security camera brands record a date time stamp in the recordings.  Also when downloading a video from the Kasa cloud to my iPhone 8+, the .mp4 movie file time/date shows the time/date the file was downloaded, not the actual recorded time/date of the video recordings.  When viewing the recordings in the cloud, the date and time display above the video.  Another option would be for the app to place a date time stamp in the movie file when downloading from the cloud.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Request ability to turn on date/time stamp to Kasa Cam recordings
2019-07-31 16:24:38

@usbears 

Thank you for the suggestion.  We will forward it up to the Smart Home Team.  

Best Regards 

Options
2019-11-08 16:10:37
Any update on this? Police would like it for the B&E at my place
Options
2020-01-01 11:46:40
Was this ever followed up? It's a pretty big flaw in design. Can you please advise? The product is very good but this feature should be standard.
Options
2020-01-16 08:38:23

@Carl is this still really not a feature? 

Carl wrote

@usbears 

Thank you for the suggestion.  We will forward it up to the Smart Home Team.  

Best Regards 

Options
2020-01-16 19:11:02

@Mikey234 

Recordings are sorted in your Activety section by time and date but as of right now there is no watermarking for this on the video itself. 

Options
2020-07-31 00:50:58
Any updates, it’s been a year since this request was submitted. Thanks.
Options
2020-08-01 01:09:03 - last edited 2020-08-01 02:15:57

@usbears Hi Andy,  Interesting response.  When a camera advertises as a security camera, a basic feature is to incorporate a date/time stamp on the recorded video.  It appears that tp-link is not interested in implementing this feature.  I believe all of us posting here realize the importance of security camera recordings with date/time stamp, especially when the footage is presented to law enforcement.  There isn't any way for law enforcement to determine when the video was recorded.  Just wanted to comment on this.  Seems this item is dead in the water, so to speak.  I still use these cameras at my property but also use another brand with 5MP that records a date/time stamp.  Best regards, usbears.  Stay safe!

Options
2020-09-18 07:22:35

@TP_Link-Andy I suspect you do not really work for TP Link - but if you actually do, there is a small part of me that admires the honesty of this post smiley

However, there is a bigger part of me that will share it on every review page of every TP Link product I can find across the internet - IF it does in fact represent TP Link's position. wink

Options
2020-12-20 22:29:58

Any updates yet? I use the camera to monitor the dog when he's home alone and without timestamp it's ambiguous as to whether camera feed has frozen or he's asleep. Previous cheap and cheerful camera from another brand had a time stamp embedded so it was clear when connection was active. Their app was garbage hence upgrade.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2345

Replies: 9

Voters 3