Printers Quarantined by Antivirus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-02 04:32:48
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I turned on the antivirus in the Deco app. Both of my wireless printers have been "quarantined" multiple times, multiple times per hour, classification is UDP port scan. What exactly does this mean and what can I do to prevent getting zillions of alerts about this? Also, will this interfere with my ability to print wirelessly?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Printers Quarantined by Antivirus
2019-08-02 18:15:16 - last edited 2020-04-01 17:30:33

@Tatertot 

UDP port scan means the printers probably sent a packet over the network to query the router, maybe a keep alive packet?

If a device is quarentined it is prevented from commuincating over the network. The AntiVirus is dependent on the service that comes from Trend Micro. 

You can possibly contact the printer manufacturer to verify if it sends packets to the router while not actively printing. As far as the Deco you can disable "Infected Device Quarentine" and leave the malicious content filter and intrustion prevention system enabled.

Options
Re:Printers Quarantined by Antivirus
2020-04-01 07:30:23

@Tony 

same problem with me and not found any solution to make it work

even setting the feature off, the printers are been still caranterized.

Is there need to reboot hole system? How?

Wondering also your answer (as solution?) to get to know if the printer is sending the pakets to stay alive with connection...

this is quite normal way with certain gatgets.  

Are YOU doing something to get this working better?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 991

Replies: 2