My Smart switch blinks in Switch and in App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-03 21:59:51
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

I installed 2 smart switches in different locations, one of them working fine the second one is showing on and off in the switch as well as in the app. Is my switch defective?

I wish I could share a video but taking a picture is of no use. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:My Smart switch blinks in Switch and in App
2019-08-05 17:48:08

@SmartSwitch 

With the three way outlets you can use only one HS210, which I believe you did which is fine. However, the smart switch needs to be installed on the "line" side or the side that constantly provides the power. I think the first switch was which is why it is working, but the second one is on the opposite side. 

Swap the problem HS210 with the other outlet that controls the same light to see if that resolves it.

Options
Re:Re:My Smart switch blinks in Switch and in App
2019-08-06 01:24:23

I already swapped and checked, it’s problem with one switch, even tried installed in multiple other locations. It’s difficult to know it’s ON or OFF when you are away. I am returning it. Worst customer service experience ever. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 728

Replies: 2

Related Articles