TP-Link Archer C9 - No lights at all, wired/wifi internet appears fine.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link Archer C9 - No lights at all, wired/wifi internet appears fine.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C9 - No lights at all, wired/wifi internet appears fine.
2020-10-05 05:43:04

@TomG has been happening to me for a while but when I dim out the lights, I e see the first three veeeeery faint in a dark room. Am assuming it's night mode but I can't seem to find it on the router advanced menu and only version one is supported on tether -Archer C8v2

Options
Re:TP-Link Archer C9 - No lights at all, wired/wifi internet appears fine.
2020-10-05 05:44:41

@BobElectrician exactly what I did today! Who needs Leds? That said and reading the same problem on so many models.. I'm doubting going tplink in the future..

Options
2020-10-05 05:47:09

@ZambOnline Have an Archer C8v2.. Tether only supports v1.. 2/3/4 not supported.. why? No idea.. Same light issue but as read earlier, letting the sleeping dogs lie..

Options
Re:Re:TP-Link Archer C9 - No lights at all, wired/wifi internet appears fine.
2021-02-13 23:09:16 - last edited 2021-02-13 23:12:03

@BobElectrician I have an Archer D9 and have precisely the same issue. Unit works fine as far as connectivity goes. No LED's lit except for the LAN one. It seems in the dark they are very dimly lit. I went to purchase another unit and the guy said he has the same issue. No LED control in the firmware GUI either. Was this ever remedied?

Options
2021-03-04 11:01:41
I have the same problem - no lights - no sign of lights even blinking when factory reset done - everything else works fine, but i need the lights working. Is there a manual or video that would help me to replace the LED's that anyone knows about? Thanks Matt
Options
2021-03-04 12:12:30

@Matt_Schof I'm also still waiting for some solution! Nothing works the lights yet for me. The only light that still works, is the red one, when there's no internet connectivity.

Options
2021-09-10 21:11:17

I am facing the same issue. When turns on or connected ethernet cable right side first 3 lights will turn blue for some time then goes off. Powe light, wifi and eternet, internet light normally always remain off. It seems to be a bug. Because when ethernet plugs in, it will turn on orange for few seconds. Tp-link should address this issue.

Even in Tether App I don't see to control the LED any more.

Options
2021-12-05 14:29:47

I bought a used Archer C9 V1 on eBay, and when I received it, everything on the router. INCLUDING THE PANEL LIGHTS, seemed to work great for me.

Then, I set it up, first doing a factory reset, then, setting the passwords and the SSID's and other settings for my home infrastructure, and I found the firmware that was installed in it was very old (almost 6 years old), so I updated it to the most recent firmware   archer_c9v1_us-up-ver3-17-1-P1[20210107-rel55552].zip

Ever since, the panel lights do not work for me.  I only have two lights that work: the USB light, and the Ethernet port light.  No other lights work.  And, the panel lights are not dim, they do not work at all.

To be clear: the power light is not on.  And the 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz wireless lights are not on. Even the Internet light is no on.

The router works very well though, including the wireless and wired connections.  The only problem is the panel lights.

I tried the TETHER app, and it does not show any controls for the LED's.

I reached out to TP LINK support on this, and they are mum.  So unlike them.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Options