M5 QoS not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 QoS not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 QoS not working
M5 QoS not working
2019-08-06 23:07:48
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.5

Been having issues since install 2 weeks ago.

example:

iphone and TV both are set to high.

download going on iphone and TV can’t get anywhere.

i have my bandwidth set to the Internet providers speed and iphone is consuming it all.

leaving everything untoggled (no high) no diffrrence

example 2:

TV is streaming and laptop can’t get anywhere. Both set to High

QoS Custom is:

streaming-high

surfing-high

downloading-high

others are all to the left

messing around on those setting only makes it worse as In selecting QoS streaming and iphone and TV are high and if TV is streaming the iphone can’t browse... which is why i set custom up.

frustrated 

Options
6 Reply
Re:M5 QoS not working
2019-08-07 17:01:06

@reddirt 

Having everything set to high would give all devices the ability to take priority and or use majority of the bandwidth.

Set only streaming to high, the rest can be set to low or normal.

If your TV is the only one streaming, and your laptop is not able to navigate sites that seems like a different issue. Streaming on a TV should take around 5 to 10 Mbps.

What is the internet speed you are subscribed to from your ISP?

Options
Re:Re:M5 QoS not working
2019-08-09 15:07:10

Where is normal?

The toggle is either OFF (low) or ON (high)

case in point

laptop is at high 64Kbps lagging like nothing else

daughters cell phone LOW doing 6.1Mbps 

eating all the bandwidth from the HIGHs

Options
2019-08-09 17:36:12

@reddirt 

If you go to "More" bottom right of the Deco app, then go to "QoS" under Homecare. Select custom, you should have the different level settings.

What is the type of internet service you are using and the speed you are suscribed to?

Options
Re:Re:M5 QoS not working
2019-08-09 18:02:04

Yes and from there I have gaming low, streaming high, surfing high, chatting low and downloading high. (see the low/med/high you were talking about)

But with the daughters iphone not having high priority selected you would not think she would be able to over-ride my laptop when it does have high priority selected.

Now for your second question. I live rural, way out in the country. All we have is satelite or over the air wifi. Our current subscription is 6mbps down 2.5mbps up. speed test is always around 9mbps down and 4mbps up but I static the providers documented speed. I've also let speed test do it but that made no difference.

Options
Re:Re:Re:M5 QoS not working
2019-08-13 21:57:25

bueller... anyone? Is there another adjustment?

Options
2019-08-13 22:19:29

@reddirt 

Since you are not working with a lot of speed you need to be very picky what you can allow or set for preference.

I'd say just have streaming set to high.

Even if your daughters cell phone is not high priority, downloading is still high along with others.

So you would have:

streaming-high

surfing-normal

downloading-normal

rest normal

Given the speed you are working with it will still come down to one device taking up the speed all the time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2406

Replies: 6

Related Articles