Actions based on relation to sunrise/sunset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-07 19:05:15

Using the Kasa App, I really like the ability to perform actions based on Sunrise or Sunset, but I'd be super-stoked if I could perform actions based on a relative time.  For example, turn on a light one hour before sunrise or turn off a light one hour after sunrise.  

Options
5 Reply
Re:Actions based on relation to sunrise/sunset
2019-08-07 20:41:16

@DubJ 

This is not a feature that is available yet with our smart products but it has been brought up to the team. In the mean time if you are also a user of Amazon Alexa this is possible using routines. 

For detials on routines see this great aritcle @Tony wrote to explain this features

https://admin-community.tp-link.com/community/index.html#story/story/published/detail?c3RvcnlJZD01ODA=

Options
2019-10-22 20:51:41
This is pretty much a must-have in order to make the Kasa app workable at all. It doesn't work to turn on lights at the point when it is already dark inside and around the house. Please step it up!
Options
2019-11-19 13:14:06 - last edited 2019-11-19 13:14:41

@KevMo I was able to adjust the sunset time by 30 minutes by changing the Longitude manualy in the Kasa app. by 7.5 degress less negative. This works since I have the smart plug to turn of at a set time and don't use the sunrise function. The Kasa app. recent update said that sunset and sunrise offsets were added but the firmware update is not released yet.

Options
2019-12-02 00:55:53

@Moose13  Thanks much, this worked incredibly well!

Options
2019-12-02 13:09:04

@KevMo Glad it worked out for you. I had to Google about Longitude and it showed that 1hr = 15 deg. this is based on 360deg / 24 hr = 15deg / 1 hr.  I hope that Kasa gets the firmware updates released soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1192

Replies: 5