Deco M9 plus slow down (LAN) while streaming

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-08 18:52:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.8

Hi Team -  I'm facing a strange issue with my Deco m9 Plus.

The internet speed of my PC connected to one of the Deco M9 Plus via Lan slows down intermittently.  The strange part is that it happens only to my LAN connected PC. Wifi device works as normal.  The issue is resolved as soon as I reboot all the Deco M9 Plus systems and happens while I stream or download large files from the internet - like. 1080p 0r 4k files.  

The Deco M9 Plus is configured as a router and use 1G Lan as the backhaul with the star network connection. 

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you! AJ

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus slow down (LAN) while streaming
2019-08-08 23:42:35

@sprintaj 

Try and swap the Deco units. the app may have you desinate a new "main" Deco. Once that is done, test it out again. Do you still get the same slowdown?

Options
Re:Re:Deco M9 plus slow down (LAN) while streaming
2019-08-09 14:11:58

Thank you Tony ! I will try this and update.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Deco M9 plus slow down (LAN) while streaming
2019-08-13 13:41:31

Hi Tony. The same problem exists after swapping the units and/or changing the "Main" deco unit.

Any other suggestions? is this problem exists with other users? Thank you !

Options
2019-08-13 21:29:28 - last edited 2019-08-13 21:30:09

@sprintaj 

If the Wi-Fi speeds are find then the Ethernet speeds going to the first Deco seem to be fine.

So you happen to have another wired computer? Mainly to try and see if the slowdown happens on any wired connected device or just that computer.

If it is just that computer, then you could focus on that, but it is still left to see if the LAN port slows down for any connected device.

There have been some users who experience slowdown, but the slowdown would be across any access means. There is software that our tech support can provide which may help with speeds by disabling some features.

Options
2019-08-14 15:01:45

Hi Tony. The slow down is for any computer or pc connected to the Deco Lan port. I have tested this by connecting my laptop to the LAN port.

The strange part is that this issue only happens during large file downloads or streaming from my pc.  Otherwise, the port works perfectly fine. 

Could you please let me know how to access the software to disable the feature on my deco ? is this through IOS /Android APP? if yes I have already tried this by disabling Antivirus and intrusion features.. The problem still persists after that . 

Thank you! 

Options
2019-08-14 19:53:55

@sprintaj 

It is a form of firmware, you will need to contact our home support to get that:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2019-08-16 12:52:14

Hi Tony .. Not much support from TP-Link technical support. they are just spinning the issue..Either they don't have a clue on how to solve  this or just doont want to.. :( 

Options
2019-08-16 18:20:50

@sprintaj 

Sorry about that.

Shoot a email to: ussupportteam@tp-link.com

They will give you what you are looking for.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2503

Replies: 8