Which TPLink wifi repeater/extender do I need to use with my Tello Drone? It must be portable!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Which TPLink wifi repeater/extender do I need to use with my Tello Drone? It must be portable!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-11 22:15:30
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

Forgive me, as I am a neophyte & new to all of this! I have a Ryze Tello Drone I bought a few weeks ago & I wish to extend its WiFi range for smoother video, higher flying, etc.

Previously, I tried to use a Xiaomi Repeater/Extender, but this was like pulling my own teeth with rusty pliers to try & configure! 

Can anyone advise me of a low cost, portable TPLink product that would meet my needs?

Thank you very much!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Which TPLink wifi repeater/extender do I need to use with my Tello Drone? It must be portable!
2019-08-12 22:22:27

All of our Range Extenders are desinged to be used with network equipment indoors.  The outdoor products are SMB and designed to be mounted to a pole or a wall.  None are portable.

Sorry 

Options
Re:Which TPLink wifi repeater/extender do I need to use with my Tello Drone? It must be portable!
2020-06-23 09:23:09 - last edited 2020-06-23 19:36:12

@Mrstacey Hey, I tried out the TP-Link WR802N (also can be found under the name TP-Link N300) and it works fine with the Ryze Tello drone. This is one of the few TP link extenders/repeaters you can operate via a portable charger (USB).

I'm happy that TP-link offers a mobile wi-fi extension solution. It's quite unique in the market actually lol. Most just sell wifi extenders for the socket at home.

Just google "tello tp link". There are some guides that help you with the setup.

See this video for example: 

https://youtu.be/GoHXHSLFZ3M

Have a great day! :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3167

Replies: 2