Second connection on router is for what?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-15 16:08:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

What is the second connection on the router used for?  I tried connecting another device to it (to communicate with solar power company), but it isn't working?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Second connection on router is for what?
2019-08-16 03:53:37

It can be used to connect a network switch or a hard-wired device or another DECO in wired backhaul mode ..... anything any "normal" router can do. 

Options
Re:Re:Second connection on router is for what?
2019-08-16 20:58:37

RetiredInFl wrote

It can be used to connect a network switch or a hard-wired device or another DECO in wired backhaul mode ..... anything any "normal" router can do. 

^ Bingo

Options
2019-08-21 11:59:06
So using an ethernet cable from the Deco router to my solar system communication device should work. But it is not. Do I need to change to a different Deco router and try again?
Options
Re:Second connection on router is for what?
2019-08-21 17:19:37

@bakara 

Disconnect your solar communication system and connect a computer. If the computer gets internet then the solar system needs additional configuration. That Deco that you are trying to hardwire into should have a green LED.

Options
2019-08-21 23:46:49

I agree.  It should be reconfigurable, or, the solar unit is simply not compatible.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1001

Replies: 5

Related Articles