Votes

Kasa scheduling and logging feature request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-16 17:36:16
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

I use the Kasa app and wi-fi plugs to schedule an early morning reboot of a modem that has manufacturer design flaws.  However, the app has limited options compared to Samsung SmartThings app or other automation apps that have me reconsidering other options to perform the same basic function.

I would like to request that the following be added to the app:

1. Add the ability to also include intervals instead of just per day and time per week.  For example, in addition to setting time of day, also allowing options for every other week, every first, second, third week, last day of the month, every 3rd day, etc.
  2. Add event logging so that we can troubleshoot missed schedules or other errors and confirm that the schedule executed as set
  3. Add the option for a password, PIN, fingerprint etc. when performing certain functions on the app.  For example, allow preferences to prompt for authentication when viewing cameras
Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa scheduling and logging feature request
2019-08-16 21:07:23

@ServerMonkey 

We will refer your request to the smart home team. However so you know request 2 and 3 are unlikely.  2 because of memory limitations and 3 because they are already tied to a cloud account, If you are worried about security the suggestion provided to us in the past has been sign out of Kasa each time you close the app.  This way there is no way for someone to access your devices without your knowledge. 

Best Regards 

Options
Re:Re:Kasa scheduling and logging feature request
2019-08-16 21:34:12

If #2 isn't possible, is there a way to confirm that an action completed successfully aside from witnessing the action took place first-hand?

Options
Re:Re:Re:Kasa scheduling and logging feature request
2019-08-17 00:39:04

@ServerMonkey 

The status of the product in the Kasa App will reflect its status in its enviroment.  For instance if a switch is turned off the Power indicator and the outline of the product icon will be gray.  if turned on the button will be green and the icon outline black.  If using a custom icon like a picture the picure will be black and white for off and full color for on.  Unfortunetly the widgets will not show status of operate function.  

I hope that helps answer your question. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 942

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.