Cannot acces surveillance NVR through public ip on wifi but from other networks outside

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot acces surveillance NVR through public ip on wifi but from other networks outside

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-21 19:36:49
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have an issue with accesing an nvr throught the public ip adress on wifi. I run the nvr app on mobilephone an it works fine from the outside on mobile network and within other networks. But as soon as i get logon to my own wifi it will not access any more. Is there a problem with the NAT? I use external port 46631  the intern port 8000.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot acces surveillance NVR through public ip on wifi but from other networks outside
2019-08-21 21:12:51

@KlausP 

You are probably referencing the public address while you are locally connected to that device you are trying to get to. 

So when you are on your own Wi-Fi use the NVR's local IP address with port 8000.

For example:

192.168.0.10:8000

Options
Re:Re:Cannot acces surveillance NVR through public ip on wifi but from other networks outside
2019-08-22 17:18:01

I know that i can access the internal ip adress, but i had the TL-WR841N connected before with no problems with the public ip adress. It accessed the NVR anyway.

Options
Re:Cannot acces surveillance NVR through public ip on wifi but from other networks outside
2019-08-22 17:28:59

@KlausP 

Not all routers support loopback which means you can reference a public IP address while you are inside of that same network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 808

Replies: 3