Archer A7 Can't Access Web Management Page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 09:35:36 - last edited 2019-08-22 09:51:07
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer A7(US)_V5_190517

I did the initial setup, and things went smoothly. It said there was a firmware upgrade, so I went ahead and grabbed it (feels like that was a mistake). 

Now my access to the web management page is spotty at best. If I unplug the modem, I can usually get in, but that poses problems for configuring things. I tried reverting the firmware, and the problem is still there. I tried edge, chrome, and IE, and even my adroid phone to access, problem persists. 

EDIT: After reverting, I also noticed a big perk. With the latest firmware, I wasn't consistently getting speeds above about 600Mbps over ethernet; with the old firmware, I'm now consistently getting 900 Mbps+. I notice while watching the CPU Load, before it would jump near 100, and the speed would seem to suffer. Now, the cpu load is staying much lower. I'm suspecting a connection here. The old firmware isn't working perfect, but is definitely preferable. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A7 Can't Access Web Management Page
2019-08-22 17:22:30

@that1crzywhtguy 

Try to use the Tether app on your smart phone, connect to the router Wi-Fi then run it.

Options
Re:Re:Archer A7 Can't Access Web Management Page
2019-08-22 18:41:34

For what? The app on the phone doesn't have access to all settings.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1074

Replies: 2

Related Articles