Router has no network access on IPv6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-22 19:54:07

My Archer C1200 v3.0 router stopped working with IPv6 yesterday. I cannot get it to obtain a public IPv6 address. If I connect my computer directly to the modem without the router, I get perfect IPv6 connectivity, so the issue seems to be router related. IPv4 is working normally with and without the router.

Here is a screenshot of the router's IPv6 settings. Clicking Release and Renew doesn't seem to do anything.

https://imgur.com/a/r4ad8PH

Some additional info:

1. The only things that I changed in the last few days were

a) I moved some devices around and in the process I disconnected and reconnected my cables and devices.

b) I attached a new USB drive to the router as a shared device

2. My ISP is Comcast. My computer is running Windows 10. All drivers and firmwares are up to date.

3. I tried the various solutions I found online (release and renew IP Config, reset TCP/IP, reset Winsock and IPv6); they have not worked.

4. When this problem initially arose, the Windows ethernet status indicated "No internet access" for IPv6. As I was trying various solutions I read online, I ran "ipconfig /release6" and "ipconfig /renew6," and got an error when trying to renew6. After I restarted my computer, modem and router, the ethernet status now reads "No network access" for IPv6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router has no network access on IPv6
2019-08-23 17:56:18

@forestation 

Have you tested on other devices for IPV6 connectivity?

Options
Re:Re:Router has no network access on IPv6
2019-08-23 23:23:20

Based on tips I got from the Reddit ipv6 forum, I tried a combination of disabling and re-enabling ipv6 in Windows network properties and the router and also restarting the router, and somehow that did the trick.

The consensus in that forum seemed to be that tplink router firmware doesn't handle ipv6 well.

Options