UH720 Freezes Computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

UH720 Freezes Computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
UH720 Freezes Computer
UH720 Freezes Computer
2019-08-23 13:28:31
Model: UH720  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Received new UH720.  Several issues:

• Will not read some USB 3.0 thumb drives.  Various sizes from 32 Gb to 256 Gb.  Drives don't show up in My Computer when connected through hub.  If same drives are plugged directly in to computers USB port they work fine.
  • Will occassionally lock computer or temporarily slow down computer (mouse/keyboard becomes unresponsive).  When hub is unplugged, computer returns to normal
  • Charging ports will not charge all items.  Example: Will charge iPhone 7, but won't charge Samsung Galaxy S8+

Had a different hub connected to this same computer, and none of the issues listed above were present, using same exact devices.

Anyone else experience similar issues or have advice?  Contacted TP Link and they were of no help.  Said call would be escalated and that I should hear back from someone within 24 hours, but I haven't heard anything.

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:UH720 Freezes Computer
2019-08-26 18:30:00

@DSR 

Make sure you are using the power supply for the UH720, and not just having the USB connected to your computer.

I had issues with the UH720 recognizing my USB 3.0, had to plug it into a different port for it to recognize connections.

Of those two things were tried, wait for support to follow up. 

Options
Re:Re:UH720 Freezes Computer
2019-08-26 18:36:15

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, hub is powered with the power supply that came with the hub and have tried different ports already.  Support has never gotten back with me yet, so I guess this will be returned/trashed as it is of no use to me.

Tony wrote

@DSR 

Make sure you are using the power supply for the UH720, and not just having the USB connected to your computer.

I had issues with the UH720 recognizing my USB 3.0, had to plug it into a different port for it to recognize connections.

Of those two things were tried, wait for support to follow up. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1395

Replies: 2