Archer Model Nomenclature - Archer A10 vs C2700 + Tether Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-24 19:12:24 - last edited 2019-08-24 19:13:41
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
  • How do the Archer A-series models differ from the C-series products? I purchased an A10 (AC2600) and am considering returning it for another TPLink with an option for VLANs or multiple SSIDs. I see the Archer C2700 is listed as 'New' on the website and aside from 4 external antennae seems the same as my A10. Any chance a future firmware could add VLAN features? Does the A10 have the processing power? Unfortunately for now I don't think OpenWRT or DDWRT are compatible with the A10.
  • I've seen a few promotional photos on the website showing the Tether app displaying the current internet speed. My A10 w/ Tether doesn't appear to do that, is there a way to turn it on?
  • I'm in the process of moving IoT devices to the guest network. Is it possible to monitor traffic between devices to determine if they communicate locally or if traffic goes to internet then returns? Trying to figure out which devices might need to reside on the primary network. It also would be nice to monitor outbound traffic to see how much information they transmit and to where.

Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer Model Nomenclature - Archer A10 vs C2700 + Tether Questions
2019-08-26 21:28:31

@mhollerb 

-The Archer A10 is mainly sold on Amazon and does not have any USB slots, the Archer C2700 has a USB 3.0 slot and a USB2.0. Spec wise they are very similar.

If you are looking for multiple SSIDs and VLANs, the EAP access points have that option which may work better.

-The speedtest is for routers that have HomeCare. A10 does not have HomeCare, where the C2700 does.

-You can get realtime data as far as how much speed a device is using. 

-The traffic statistics will only show you the volume of packets moving from a specific device. You can also see the amount of speed a device is using on the device list, but there is not a feature to see what sites are being hit by a device similar to the "insigts" that the Deco can do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2294

Replies: 1