Archer C8 keeps rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 13:46:55
Model: Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 4

Was working fine for about a month and now it's rebooting every 60 seconds or so. Dead? It's only about a month old so I'm thinking warranty?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C8 keeps rebooting
2019-08-28 17:49:37

@Offender 

Try a completely different outlet, other things to check is the power supply. Make sure the specs match, if they do, try another power supply to see if that is causing it.

If all those were checked, at that point get in touch with our support.

Options
2019-09-22 16:10:47

@Tony Sorry for taking so long to get back in regards to this issue. You were correct in your assumption that I was using a power supply other than the one provided by the manufaturer. I had been using a cord that came from one of my C5's. I thought this was the answer as it ran as it should for about a week before it started rebooting again. I pulled the unit completely and let it sit for about a week without use. I did perform a factory reset and just let it sit, powered on, without use.

Yesterday I set the C8 up again as a WDS bridge and replaced the current C5(v2) I had been using and it powered on for about 5 minutes before it started boot looping again. Background - It has a 70" Samsung Smart(?) TV and a PlayStation plugged into it. Tried to log in "wired" to it but could never stay in the menu for very long before it would start to loop.

Question, could it be a result of something that's plugged into it? It ran flawlessly for some time when it was the "main" router in a WDS configuration with only a desktop wired to it. I'm out of answers with this unit.

Thanks again for your reply.

Options
2019-09-23 15:26:01

@Offender 

It certainly is a possibility, but I've seen mainly WAN ports fail from power related instances. Not so much of a LAN ports failing or the router failing from a connected TV or computer.

Options
2019-09-23 19:43:12
Although at work now I forgot to mention the only wildcard that was not part of the original setup when it was the "main" router. I have attached a USB drive to it. When it was running solidly it never had the drive. Last ditch effort to save it.
Options
2020-09-07 18:11:19

@Offender same is happening to me

Options
2020-09-07 19:22:07

@Jaiden the only thing that made this router a stable everyday unit was removing the USB hard drive. Had a Raspberry pi V3 sitting around that I never used so I turned it into an NAS server and achieved what I was looking for. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1940

Replies: 6

Related Articles