Connect Xfinity hotspot with nano travel router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-28 15:54:14
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hello 

I'm trying to connect my nano travel router to an Xfinity hotspot to extend the Xfinity range into the back of my room. I tried going though the quick set up but the captive portal pages doesn't pop up when I'm done so I don't think it actually connnects to the internet. Can some one please help me configure this. I read these support the captive portal log ins from hotels and other hot spots so not sure why it wouldn't work with this application. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connect Xfinity hotspot with nano travel router
2019-08-28 19:39:01

@Valhalla33 

Have you tried to set up the travel router as a repeater (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2525/)? Since the router can't "log in", it should be a bridge for your device to at least be able to access the portal to log in.

Options
Re:Connect Xfinity hotspot with nano travel router
2020-02-12 16:12:29 - last edited 2020-02-28 08:36:32

I also use a travel router while traveling and I didn't have any problems with it. And I don't know why you can't connect it. Contact technical support, they should help solve this issue. By the way, recently I have been staying in a great hotel and this router isn't necessary, because everything works well there. Click here to learn more about what beauty is there and what wonderful places to stay I found. And the service is at a high level. I've been traveling by car for a long time, then the travel router helps me a lot. Well, it also happens that in the apartments that I rent, there are problems with Wi-Fi or low Internet speed. So, when I need to work a little, I get nervous because the pages take a long time to load (I'm a graphic designer). Then my router is my salvation. Thus, I call it the invention of the century.

Options