Parental Control on Archer C5400 not working as set

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-02 17:53:10
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. So the parental controls are not working as I set them up to-- time limits which vary day-to-day. I followed the instructions and even double checked that the router was set to the proper time. Still the router does not end their access on their devices. I've read other threads where kids may get online via another device, or extenders act like a bypass, or neighboring open wifis may be the issue. None of these apply in my situation. I have registered all their devices, no extenders in the house, neighboring wifi networks are all passcoded and they are too young to figure out passwords. No 1234567 or 777777 password is password etc.  Oddly, when I first turned on my laptop, the universal wifi symbol that should show me my wifi was replaced with a globe and a universal no-go sign. After a few minutes, my wifi symbol was back and I had access to wifi. It blocked me briefly although my laptop was NOT on the parentally controlled list. ????

What am I missing? Is this a non-functioning feature that's still in some beta-test stage? Should I not set it up via web browser but do so through the tether app that read about in other threads? I don't know what version my router is running nor how to figure that out. Seems that matters by some threads I read. Can someone either from TP-link help me or a parent who finally got theirs to work throw me a line here???? Please.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Parental Control on Archer C5400 not working as set
2019-09-03 22:59:28

@Shannon 

To assist you we would first need to know what hardware and firmware version you have.  There are major differences in the parental controls of the C5400 V1 and V2.  

Options
Re:Parental Control on Archer C5400 not working as set
2019-09-05 21:06:50

Hi. I don't know how to locate my own thread so I searched for it and am replying here.... I looked up the firmware and hardware versions, and they are respectively: firm ver.- 1.0.1 build 20160831 and hardware ver.- 1.0.

TP Link tech support: Please let me know what I need to do as soon as possilbe here. Thanks!!

Options
Re:Re:Parental Control on Archer C5400 not working as set
2019-09-05 21:08:31
Sorry. I replied to the thread in general, not here specifically. Version 1 for both is the answer. Firm detail-- ver. 1.0.1 build 20160831 and hardware ver. 1.0
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 728

Replies: 3

Related Articles