Combining Smart Dimmer Switch with 3 way dimmer switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-10 17:31:10 - last edited 2019-09-10 17:32:57
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've a pair of 3way dimmer switch connected in my basement and I'm trying to replace one with HS220. Is this going to work? Can anyone provide some suggestions?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Combining Smart Dimmer Switch with 3 way dimmer switch
2019-09-10 21:28:38 - last edited 2019-09-10 21:28:49

@Emon.I 

The HS220 is not designed to work with a three way setting so replacing one of the three way outlets will not work. It would be best to consult a trained individual (electrician) for advice.

Options
2019-09-17 19:13:15

@Tony you guys really need to get on a dimmable 3way. It's super disappointing that I need to go to a different brand to get that feature. I'd like to have my house unified. A lot of threads about this and a huge gap in the product line.

Options
2020-03-09 17:08:02

@Emon.I  Goodbye TP Link.  I have many of your smart plugs in my home.  I prefer to use your smart wall switches for consistency.  Unfortunately, I'm forced to go with a competitor since you don't offer a dimmable 3-way wall switch.  I certainly don't want single pole TP Link switches and a different brand for my 3-way switches.  I want all of them to be the same brand with one app. You've failed to meet my needs...one of many customers wanting this product.  Farewell!

Options
2020-05-20 01:13:24
Totally agree with this statement.
Options
2021-08-21 22:21:41

@Starfish1 

Starfish1 wrote

@Emon.I  Goodbye TP Link.  I have many of your smart plugs in my home.  I prefer to use your smart wall switches for consistency.  Unfortunately, I'm forced to go with a competitor since you don't offer a dimmable 3-way wall switch.  I certainly don't want single pole TP Link switches and a different brand for my 3-way switches.  I want all of them to be the same brand with one app. You've failed to meet my needs...one of many customers wanting this product.  Farewell!

What 3-way dimmer switch brand did you eventually go with?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4425

Replies: 5