Default Filter Policy?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Default Filter Policy?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Default Filter Policy?
Default Filter Policy?
2019-09-15 02:59:29

Expected behavior is that when Deny is chosen, the specified hosts will not be able to access the identified targets. This works as expected.

Expected behavior is that flipping the switch to Allow will now only all the specified hosts to access the identified targets and nothing else. This does no work as expected, with Allow selected, the specified hosts can no longer access anything.

N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Model No. TL-WDR3500

Is there something else I need to be adding to the access control section in order to only allow the selected targets and nothing else?

Thanks,
Phillip

Options
4 Reply
Re:Default Filter Policy?
2019-09-16 18:19:39

@Phillip1235 

What is the firmware build that the router is running. 

How are you referencing the host (IP or MAC)?

What is the URL you are referencing in the target?

Are you referencing one device or the entire LAN?

Options
2019-09-16 20:24:54

@Tony 

Firmware Version:

3.14.1 Build 141113 Rel.40001n

Host referenced using IP

IP: 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.199 

Target is referencing domain name- "youtube" is one of the domains being targeted.

Are you referencing one device or the entire LAN? I'm not sure what you are asking here. I believe I am using the Host rule to direct this at any computers connecting through the router.

When I select Deny, all the computers connected to the router are able to use everything on the internet except for Youtube. The expectation is that when I switch that to Allow, now they will only be able to access Youtube and nothing else. But instead they can't access anything at all.

Options
2020-03-20 00:30:49

@Phillip1235 

Did you ever figure out how to get a fix for this?  I'm facing the same issue with my Archer C7 and TP-Link hasn't been able to help.

Options
2020-03-20 00:37:11

@Phillip1235 a followup question: if you couldn't fix this, did you wind up buying a different router?  I'm just trying to figure out how to create whitelist-only access for one of my devices and it seems a lot harder than I'd imagined.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 961

Replies: 4

Related Articles