Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?
2020-11-23 20:28:06 - last edited 2020-11-23 20:33:32

@rholdy Hi, I have been breaking my head with the same issue but in a different webpage (fantasy.nfl.com).  Until I found it was actually my Deco M5 wifi network the issue, if I changed to other Wifi or 4G (in smartphones) then the sites loaded perfectly. I also don't have any kind of parental control nor antivirus activated so it shouldn't block anything but still it seems is blocking something. Could you help me with the solution please? It's really annoying. I tried both in AP & Router modes, same issue. Firmware updated 1.5.1.

Options
2020-11-23 22:04:29

@dirod27 

You're probably not going to like this answer but the solution for me was to schedule a Skype call with the technical support team and have them walk me through updating a couple settings through the web based admin portal outside the app. 

but it fixed my problem. 

Options
2020-11-30 06:33:37

@rholdy 

It sounds like there is a solution so how did you request/schedule a call with tech support team?  I'm happy to update some admin settings.

So having Zoom blocked by our M5 router during Covid on our home laptop/PC/MAC can't happen.

Options
2020-11-30 08:30:23

@Flo_St. I emailed them at ussupportteam@tp-link.com and went from there. 

Options
2020-12-04 23:39:13

Flo_St. wrote

@rholdy 

It sounds like there is a solution so how did you request/schedule a call with tech support team?  I'm happy to update some admin settings.

So having Zoom blocked by our M5 router during Covid on our home laptop/PC/MAC can't happen.

The security that the Deco M5 has (HomeCare) is powered by TrendMicro which categorized Zoom as a paysite so in your parental controls, if you included the category that blocks paysites, that is likely why Zoom is blocked.

Options
2020-12-09 13:12:57

@rholdy 

This issue still exists! I have all parental controls and antivirus features turned off but still cannot access all websites! Fix this ASAP of if there is a solution for this please post it here!

I have found two websites so far that I cant access through Deco. Both are well-established web stores. 

Options
2020-12-29 21:59:13

Does anyone have a solution for this yet?

I am attempting to connect to a friend's IP address that seems to be blocked. Tracert gets to the 192.168.68.1 gateway on my M5 then it states unreachable. 

I am not using parental controls. Whitelisting the IP did not work. All devices cannot reach the IP, both plugged in and wireless. Plugging directly into my ISP's modem works.

1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804 Firmware on all nodes. 

Options
Re:Deco seems to be blocking some sites including one very specific IP?-Solution
2021-12-22 20:40:11 - last edited 2021-12-23 01:38:22

I know this is an old thread, but just worked with support and wanted to post the resoluiton.  I had 2 sites I could never get access, tired using Google's DNS settings, etc.  The solution was to clone the MAC address of one of your computers on the network to your router.  Once I did that I could access the sites that would previously time out.  Hope this helps someone down the road.  It's a frustrating issue to troubleshoot, but the support from TP-Link was fantastic.  They were super responsive.  Good luck!

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-01-02 07:51:27 - last edited 2022-01-02 07:51:46

@bshink This sounds EXACTLY what I'm seeing with Deco and weird stuff like images on Twitter not loading properly on mobile.

I'm just wondering if your Deco is connected directly to the outside world or if there is another router involved? I'm using mine as an Access point with another router (a new TP-Link ER605 connected to my Fiber line.

I've just tried resetting the MAC addresses (all 3 of them) on the ER605 to be consistent with the router my ISP gave me but I don't see any way to affect the MAC address of the Decos.

Options
2022-01-02 15:56:54

@rholdy 

On the Deco mobile app, there is a setting called "MAC Clone".  I just grabbed the MAC address from one of my laptops and replicated that on the Deco and it resolved the issue.  I don't have any other routers on the network, but that shouldn't matter.  Hope that helps.

Options
Related Articles