Archer C2300 not connecting to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-18 12:31:22
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

Situation

Last night in the middle of using wifi, my router suddenly stopped working.

What I have done

I figured it was just some random glitch so I went ahead and restarted the router. When it booted up, it wouldn't recognize any internet connection at all. After restarting it again with only the internet cable connected, it would start up normally, going through the 2.4ghz and 5ghz stages, then it would try to recognize the internet. It would recognize the internet and send out a wifi signal for a few seconds, I could tell as I used my phone to connect to a website, then it would cut out. The router would still show the internet as working but it wouldn't send out anything. I tried resetting it after i restarted and left it unplugged a couple times and nothing works.

Misc

A couple other things I noticed from trying different things, If I turn off the power and start it with any lan port connected it won't recognize the internet at all but recognize a lan port is connected even if I unplug the lan port. If I start it with only the internet cable, it goes through the normal process of the internet symbol being red then turning blue and sending out wifi, when it stops being able to connect devices to the internet, the internet symbol stays blue and wifi networks will still be sent out. At this point if I try to add a lan port to the router, it won't recognize that there is any connnection.

Any help would be greatly appriciated as this router is only 3 months old

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C2300 not connecting to the internet
2019-09-18 17:07:53

@Mr.Dave 

Please do a factory reset by holding the reset for 10 seconds.

Another thing to do is to update the latest firmware, even if the router is already running the latest.

Options
2020-10-17 19:04:00

@Mr.Dave 

Having the very same problem at 3 months.  Pressing the reset for 10 or even 10+ seconds doesn't perform a reboot.  At the moment, it's pretty much toast.

Options
2021-08-14 02:11:21

@Tony how do I update firmware when it isn't connected to the internet? I'm having the same issue as described above. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2568

Replies: 3

Related Articles