Pocket Router stopped working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-18 22:52:32
Model: TL-WR810N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have a TL-WR700N Mini Pocket Router that seems to have stopped working.  (I had to pick a different model, because you didn't have this one under the drop box links)

When I plug it in, the power light still lights up.  And when I plug in a lan cable, the power light still blinks like it's going to connect.  Thing is, the lan cable doesn't light up anymore when pluged into the router.  The same lan cable still lights up when plugged into other devices.  And the device I'm trying to use Wi Fi with (a Nintendo 3DS) still shows that an Internet signal exists, but can't seem to connect to the internet.  

I've already tried unplugging and re-plugging in the modem.  And pressing the reset button on the router itself.  Nothing seems to help.

Did the port just go bad, or is something else going on?  Is there anything I can do?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Pocket Router stopped working?
2019-09-19 17:07:47

@Mezmero777 

Log into the TL-WR700N, and go to working mode, what mode are you currently running?

If you are running "Router Mode", go to the status page. Under the WAN section do you have various IP addresses? (Don't say what they are) The main thing is that all of the entries under WAN should not be 0.0.0.0

Options
2019-09-20 20:37:34

@Tony 

I actually never set up the router to work with any of my desktop computers.  They all have wired connections.  I've just been using it for the 3DS and other gaming systems when I need a burst of wifi to download a patch or something.

And...this is embarassing, but the pocket router seems to be working now.  No rhyme or reason for it, but I can connect with the 3DS now.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what happend.

But, just for the sake of argument, if all the entries under WAN were 0.0.0.0 what would I do to fix it?  In case that was it, and I need to fix it in the future.

Options
2019-09-20 22:06:30

@Mezmero777 

Taking a wild guess, but I'm thinking the TP-Link probably was not getting an IP address from what ever it was connected to which would give no internet to what ever connects to it.

In any case, good that it seems to be working. If anything changes I would check the IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 924

Replies: 3

Related Articles