Cant connect to the "_ext" network on my TL-WA855RE because it thinks the password is wrong

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cant connect to the "_ext" network on my TL-WA855RE because it thinks the password is wrong

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-19 20:47:37
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: ??

My equipment:

• Apple Airport Extreme 802.11n (5th generation)
  • TP-Link Range Extender: TL-WA855RE

My steps:

• I plugged in my range extender and connected it to my router with the WPS button on the TP-Link extender and by selecting "Add WPS Printer" from the Airport Extreme app.
  • The new wireless network "[My Network's Name]_ext" became available.
  • I tried to connect to it using the same password I use for my network.
  • I get a message saying the password is wrong.

I cannot find any help in the TP-Link documentation. Everything assumes I've gotten past this step. Community of heroes, help me please? What am I doing wrong?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant connect to the "_ext" network on my TL-WA855RE because it thinks the password is wrong
2019-09-19 21:05:10

@MagicalSolly 

It could have to do with how the Airport's Add WPS printer feature.  We are not versed enough on the Apple router to know how that particular feature works.  If its just a standard WPS feature or if its more isolated to connecting to a client device.  I would recommend reseting the extender and setting it up through either a web broswer or the tether app.  

One of these guides can help with that:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolmHBv7id8 or  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqEfuT78DW4.  If you still have the issue after this we can collect more data and send it to our R and D department. 

Options
Re:Cant connect to the "_ext" network on my TL-WA855RE because it thinks the password is wrong
2019-09-19 21:47:22

@Carl 

That did the trick! Thank you! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3425

Replies: 2