KC 100 Fails to Stay Listed in App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-20 19:24:04
Model: KC100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I had connected my KC100 and it worked for about a week.  The suddenly it started disconnecting when I left home and I was not able to use it away from my home network.  I removed it from the app and tried to reconnect it.  When I did, the device shows up for about 10 seconds and then suddenly disappears.  I also have a Kasa outdoor cam which is working perfectly.  I have done a factory reset on the KC100 multiple times and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone.  I have also done all the firmware updates, but the same results come up.  Any help would be great.

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC 100 Fails to Stay Listed in App
2019-09-23 20:46:45

@Decorah 

The first step would be to rule out location and enviroment.  To do this set the camera up close to the router and in an area with clear line of sight and no barriers between the router and the camera.  If the issue presist then change the 2.4GHz channel, most routers may be set to Auto, which can at times switch to a congested channel.  the channels with the least ammount of interference from other channels are 1, 6, and 11 although you may need to try each as they are also the most common used channels.  

After trying these and if the camera successfully stays connect relocate it back to where you want to use it.  If it begins to have issues, relocated back to where it was working and if it starts working again you will know the desired area is in a poor location and a Range Extender may be needed to improve the service.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 792

Replies: 1

Related Articles