A20, Time problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

A20, Time problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
A20, Time problems
A20, Time problems
2019-09-21 12:35:04
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.0.0

I seem to be having 'time' problems on the A20 I installed only a few days ago?

I just noticed, today is Sat., on the Traffic Meter it is showing as Sunday?

I looked at the TIME settings and default time server was set when I installed but when I pressed Obtain if failed. See capture:

So as you can see above, I put in the true NIST.GOV names and tried again and it again times out. Note that the TIME and DATE IS correct. When I clicked on 'Get from PC' that does work (not sure which PC it got it from though, but that doesn't matter)? Sept. 21st, 2019 is a Saturday by the way, so why is Traffic Meter off?

If I can't obtain the time from the NTP Servers, how did the router do it when it was set up?

Options
6 Reply
Re:A20, Time problems
2019-09-22 00:11:13
Seems my 'time out' problem is gone now? Just checked and it worked fine? Odd?
Options
2019-09-22 12:04:56
I use "time.windows.com" for consistent results. Dennis
Options
2019-09-22 12:24:35
I just tested the time again, failed with the timeout... Use from PC works, which also uses time.windows.com. I changed it to that. Works fine. Thanks. Doesn't fix Traffic Meter though, even though it is Sun., still shows latest data as if it is Mon. Simple chart creation bug in the s/w I guess? Either a calculation error or using the wrong year is a database I guess?
Options
2019-09-22 12:53:22

@IrvSp 

I've the same problems with Traffic Meter.  Doesn't work correctly.

Dennis

Options
2019-09-22 13:53:44

@Den24601 

Good to know. For a V1 of firmware this isn't really a big deal, some other small problems too I've found. I even discovered on the Time setting if I entered a change and tested, never pressed save. Closed the GUI. Next time I looked at it after restarting the GUI the original setting was not there but what I had entered to test with... doing the check it seems also does a save.

Found the biggest pain I have is the GUI login. Doesn't work with my password manager. It can't fill the credentials properly or force a login. Have to do it manually and press enter. Only web page I need to do this with.

Options
2019-10-04 15:18:27

@IrvSp 

@Den24601 

I will send this over to the devs to be made aware of the traffic monitor not displaying correctly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1079

Replies: 6

Related Articles