AV1000 Gigabit Power Sensative

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-22 02:06:07
Model: TL-PA7010 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I can get my Power line set up and configured.   putting router/bridge on secondary side (TP Link AC 1750).   Can get it to work.  Can't seem to get them working when plugged into the same plug.   Also seem to be very power sensative to what else is plugged into the wall close by.   Am I crazy or what are criteria for this, I am talking alarm clocks, and lamps, not appliances and the such.    Thanks,

Options
4 Reply
Re:AV1000 Gigabit Power Sensative
2019-09-23 22:04:29

@Jimmy-z 

Tell us about the setup.  How do you have the adapters in the network.?  Does it look like this?:

Modem - Router -Adapter A  /  Adapter B - client device

Next question.  Are both adapters on a cirucit that resides in the same panel?  PLC cannot work across panels.  

Last question, for now.  What lights are lit on each adapter?

Options
2019-09-23 22:39:55

@Carl 

I am router/modem-Adapter A-Adapter B-AC1750 Router.

It is working between two different panels in house, but the one may be a slave of the other.

Right now it is green-red-green from top to bottom.

Jim

Options
2019-09-24 00:38:53

@Jimmy-z 

If you have it working betweeen panels, regardless if one panel is a slave or sub panel or not that is impressive.  These adapters are based on HomePlug AV2 standards and are not suppose to work between panels.  Different breakers in a panel sure but not accorss panels.  You would likely want to start there bring adapter b and the AC1750 into the same panel and see if the issue corrects itself.

Options
2019-09-24 00:56:54
That is not viable solution. The box and installation does reference the AV2 (which how could i possibly know that) but does not say must be on same panel. You would think this would only be needed in larger houses where different panels are required. Do you have any recommendations for another technology. The cheap wifi extenders work fine for a few months then just stop and no matter what you do they don't restart. Need some sort of bridge to get across long lineaer house with atrium in the middle that NOTHING can cross without going outside and around the house and back in. Want the PCL with to act as bridge. Not all that far just further then the 2.4 GHZ wifi can go. Thanks, Jim
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 709

Replies: 4