How to turn off Wifi with Tether app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to turn off Wifi with Tether app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:How to turn off Wifi with Tether app?
2020-08-19 20:23:03

Hi @livewirefilms,

You can try by pressing the tiny button located at the back of your router, just press and hold it for approximately 5 sec now after doing this, repeat this process to re enable the Wifi.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Mika hawkins

Options
2021-09-05 17:36:51

There are buttons in the App to Turn WiFi on or off.  Tools -> WiFi

But you just can turn off 1 of the 2 WiFi networks (2,4 or 5GHz)

When you try turning the second one off it says: You need at least 1 WiFi Network active to use this app and i cant turn it off.

Turning the second one on and off works fine.

From my point of view its a bug, i don't access the router via WiFi so why should it be needed?.

File:
Screenshot_20210905-192401.jpgDownload
Options
2021-11-20 12:24:14

@diver24 

Just to confirm that I'm experiencing same behaviour. I would love to be able to turn off both WiFi networks remotely from the Internet (several reasons for that). This doesn't work now - you can turn off only one WiFi.

@Tp Link Team - do you have this functional requirement into your backlog and a plan to release it soon? For 

Options
2021-11-21 22:00:32

@Nedko.G it doesn't work from the app as it should.

Its possible to turn both wifis on, but only one off.

My workaround for turning it off at the moment is to connect via wifi and Webbrowser to the router and turn the wifi off there.

Downsite is you have to be in wifi range to turn it off what is quite annoying.

I don't believe this will be fixed.

It seemed to me as the support not even understood the problem.

Options
2021-11-23 07:04:07

@diver24  @Nedko.G

Hello, can I have the model number of the TP-Link device? Do you mean you both want to disable the wireless network of the router manually via the Tether app when you are not home? Regarding the message that "ou need at least 1 WiFi Network active to use this app and i cant turn it off." I guess that should refer to the case when you are connected to the wireless network of the router when you are at home, can you confirm? @diver24 

Can I know more why you need to disable the wireless network manually when you are not home? Is Wireless Schedule not enough to meet the requirement?

Options
2021-11-23 10:41:33 - last edited 2021-11-23 10:52:51

@Kevin_Z the message is the same wether I am connected via wifi or not. In both cases I only can turn off one wifi. 

As my lte-router is installed in an outdoor enclosure in nowhereland and not easy to reach physically, I need to remotely switch wifi on and off as I need it even when I'm far away. At the moment I can turn it on from anywhere in the world, but need to be in wifi range to switch it off via Browser-web interface.

Scheduled plan is no option because it's needed quite randomly.

Router Model: TP-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 LTE Router

Options
2021-11-23 11:53:53

@diver24 

I see. We will see how to improve this in the future, thank you for your feedback.

Options
Related Articles