block chromebook applications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-29 17:40:03
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 3.0.0.0.9.1

Is there a way to block chromebook applications (snapchat, instagram, etc) for specific devices on an Archer C3150

Users (children) keep making bad decisions and are easily distracted when alternate applications are available.  Squirrel...???

Have tried to navigate the Parental Controls, but can't seem to find the correct methodology.

Any tech suggestion/recommendation is appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:block chromebook applications
2019-10-01 21:43:09

@vandekuytd 

When you are editing the parental control profile click on the highlighted + icon. A box will appear, and when you click in the text box, you will see a list of apps/sites. You should have all the major social media entries there to add:

Options
2020-10-28 20:39:25

@vandekuytd

Have tried adding sites this way.  ChromeOS basically flips me off and away it goes to sites that I have tried to block.

Extremely frustrating when clients are easily distracted to non-productive sites (TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, etc...).

Senior management in house (wife...) getting fed up with lack of IT support (husband, me...) getting this resolved.

Again, any help is appreciated.

Options
2020-10-28 22:38:14

@vandekuytd 

Just to make sure you looked for the keyword on the list like for the example below if I wanted to block Instagram I would select it from the list:

Now, if the chrome books are still able to access have you tested on a smartphone?

The alternative would be to add a category like "Social Networking", "Online Communication", or "Media".

You can reference this site to see how TrendMicro categories a site as: https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 3

Related Articles