TP-Link C3200 dropping internet connection after every game of Gears 5 that I play

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link C3200 dropping internet connection after every game of Gears 5 that I play

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-01 02:53:47
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 170707 Rel.58427n

Hello I am having an issue where when I play a game of Gears 5, immediately after it is finished and I am in the lobby screen I will get disconnected and my internet has stopped working, both with wired connections and wireless, after I reboot the router it is fine, however it keeps happening.So far I have tried; Restarting the modem doesn’t fix it, but restarting the wireless router does, I’ve updated the firmware, restored to factory settings, manually configured DNS, still have the issue. Any thoughts on how to fix? Or is there a custom firmware I can install on it? dd-wrt seems to be a WIP on it and I don’t see a download link. Any suggestions would be awesome thanks in advanced

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link C3200 dropping internet connection after every game of Gears 5 that I play
2019-10-01 23:42:46

@Reecezwoos 

Looks like other people who play Gears 5 are seeing your issue as well: https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/gears-5-causing-my-internet-to-drop/23423/3

As far as the router, you could try setting your device or system as a DMZ (Advanced > NAT Forwarding > DMZ, IP of system), only to test to see if the issue still happens, if so it may be related to the game itself. Once you are done testing with the DMZ disable it.

Options
Re:TP-Link C3200 dropping internet connection after every game of Gears 5 that I play
2020-04-23 07:39:19 - last edited 2020-04-24 02:05:12

Perhaps the error is the game provider that you downloaded, you should choose some other reputable game providers such as Gamestoremobi.com App Store, Play Google, ...

https://techbigs.com/pt/playtv-geh.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1565

Replies: 2

Related Articles