Archer C5400 Wont Dectect IP from Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-03 00:38:35
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20170912 rel.56240(5553)

This modem ran flawlessly for the past 7 months. It was purchased in February, but I'm now finding some issues with the router. Besides the very occasional major slow down in speeds from 220Mbps download to 10Mbps, the router will now randomly not detect the IP address from the modem even though the modem is on and connected to the internet as indicated by the lights. In order to fix this I have to restart the network.

I've also noticed the firmware has not been updated since 2017? How can that be possible? Has this company really not put any effort into improving on the GUI or any of the router features?

Another thing I've noticed is the speedtests in the GUI show that the last one I did was 750 days ago even though I did one the other day (pic attached)! That's two years!

File:
Capture.PNGDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 Wont Dectect IP from Modem
2019-10-04 18:06:01

@mattattack 

I would re-flash the latest firmware on the router. The issues with the WAN drops and the speed test looks to be software related.

The router is EoL (End of Life), so there wouldn't be updates as compared to a current product on the market such as the Deco M5. However, should there be any security issues that involve the Archer C5400 there will be firmware updates to address that.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 1