Issues with Parental Controls - Archer A20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-13 19:12:07
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20181122 rel.29339(5553)

Recently purchased the Archer A20 and was hoping that this would give me the parental controls I desired based on their advertisements, but they don't seem to work that way.  I want to be able to track the websites that my teenagers are visiting.  Via the Parental Controls option of the router page, I can see the domain that they are visiting but not the full URL.  For example, I can see they went to Youtube but not what video they are watching.  Also, the history of websites visited only give like the last one or two hours.  I'm not checking this every hour so I'd like to be able to see full history.

Is this how the parental controls are supposed to work or am I just missing something?  It seems like promising being able to check on sites your children visit would allow you full controls.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues with Parental Controls - Archer A20
2019-10-14 19:03:05

@ZNet 

While looking at insights, on the top right should be the history icon that should give all the sites listed for that device:

Like you mentioned, you can see the general URL, but not the specific content.

Options
Re:Issues with Parental Controls - Archer A20
2019-10-15 18:43:51
Tony, Yes, I saw that and like you said, that will give you history, but for me, it only shows like the last hour or so. If I check at 8pm, I can go back like to 6pm, but it will not scroll past that to anything in the early afternoon or the morning.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 860

Replies: 2