Deco M5 Logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5 Logs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M5 Logs
Deco M5 Logs
2019-10-14 19:20:42 - last edited 2019-10-14 19:28:04
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have the Deco M5 setup, it's working great (Although, right now, remotely, I can't seem to connect to the cloud services to manage - I was able to about an hour ago).

At any rate, with the Parental Controls, I see the Insights view.  I then see, in the upper right corner, there's an Icon I can push, which gives me recent websites/applications uses/visited.  However, it seems very limiting in the total number of entries that it keeps or I can view.  Is there a way to increase that, or log it somewhere else, so that I can keep them online longer and filter through them?  This is great if I'm watching things, but, if I'm away, those logs seem to go away, and I am unable to review if there's something I need to block or address.

Thanks!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Logs
2019-10-14 21:59:19

@FrdPrefct 

Cloud service looks to be up so could be something at the Deco. 

With the insight logs, like you mentioned, the history gives a detailed view, but is limited on the number of entries. The other alternative is to move to previous days, that would give aproximate times a website has been visited, but not detailed like the historic view.

Doesn't look like there is a log dump. The only log dump so far is for the system by logging into your Deco with a web browser, and going to System > System Logs.

Options
2019-10-15 10:16:54

@Tony 

Thanks, I rebooted the main Deco M5, and that seemed to fix access outside of my network.  Worked fine from inside.

What's the port I need to connect to for the Web UI?   I was able to log in on port 30000, however, it didn't offer much options.

I'm looking to get some more detailed, or historic Parental Logs/Insights. 

Thanks!

Options
2019-10-15 15:57:18

@FrdPrefct 

You are not able to, pretty much what you currently have access to in the current parental controls is what is available.

Options
2020-04-06 13:33:29

@Tony 

That would be a nice feature, when you can get a bigger log history in the parent control insights (or an option to export/ make a cloud connection for an archive on a NAS i.e. )

Options
2020-07-08 16:36:16
Aww, we really need a bigger history log of the access per day. If not, some page just buried and chances to monitor an adult website being accessed in the wifi is slimmer
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 8127

Replies: 5

Related Articles