Switch to control outlets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-16 00:48:15
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.5

So I have a switch that's wired to a ceiling box where there was a fan/light combo. I'd like to have that switch control a few smart outlets, which doesn't look like that's an option in the app. Is there some way to configure a smart switch to control the smart outlets?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Switch to control outlets
2019-10-16 01:03:08 - last edited 2019-10-16 01:04:08

@ShieldSean 

The feature you are looking for is called Smart Action.

I understand It has been released on Android, and should be out soon for iPhone.

The wiring of what you are talking about would not be standard wiring.

Options
2019-10-16 02:07:00

My Smart Actions page doesn't seem to have any capability to add any such smart actions.

I thought of that initially, but when the page wasn't capable of apparently doing anything, I decided to come post here.

Options
2019-10-16 16:46:05

@ShieldSean 

Smart Actions is still being rolled out. It has been some time since we initially announced it so were trying to speed up the release. I believe users that has the HS210 KITs will see it, but if you have other smart devices you will get that screen that you see.

Options
2019-10-17 12:45:59

@ShieldSean 

I have the same problem. 3x USGs and related networks to one controller running on AWS. One of the USGs will not update no matter how many times I click the button. It worked once out of the blue, but other than that it won't update. The rest work as expected. It's not connection, the one in question gets a solid 100/100Mbps while one of the working units gets, eh, 1/.05? Depending on the day.

Thanks in advance.

Options
2019-10-20 05:52:37

Smart Actions came up for me and the switch worked as expected to turn on several outlets, very cool. Send the software guys a congratulations.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1132

Replies: 5

Related Articles