Alexa cant control any of my tplink devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-27 18:40:26
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

For some reason alexa suddenly wont control any of my tp link devices (plugs switches special switches). When I give any command (on, off, dim) alexa responds "I dont know how to set DEVICE NAME to that setting" anyone know how to fix this and why it happens?

Options
14 Reply
Re:Alexa cant control any of my tplink devices
2019-10-27 18:41:31

@Nick22 

Additional comments

1 I can control all devices from the kasa app

2 I can control Ll devices from the alexa app just not with the speaker.

Options
2019-10-28 22:25:56

@Nick22 

Open Alexa and go into your smart home menu. See what the names of the devices are as that is what Alexa will be referencing. You may be calling the devices one name, but they are listed in Alexa completley different.

What you can also do is create a group inside of the Alexa app, give the group a name you want. Then give Alexa a command referencing the group name you gave.

Options
2019-10-29 00:40:11

@Tony

All these devices' are in groups and I have been using the same names for a long time. The error message is different from usual.

Alexa specifically says

I dont know how to set DEVICE NAME to that setting

In any case its multiple devices and the groups they are in. So I dont think it is anything with the command it's a hardware or software issue 

Options
2019-10-29 00:43:01

@Tony 

The last time this happened I had to remove every device from alexa and from kasa and rediscover all them but it was extremely tedious and I dont want to go to that extent again

Options
2019-10-29 15:53:16

@Nick22 

Have you tried just re-enabling the Kasa skill?

As long as you can control the Kasa devicers remotly you should not need to remove them from the Kasa app.

Options
2019-11-02 06:28:05

@Tony 

Yes I've tried. I e also tried manually deleting all the outlets from the alexa app so I could do a true rediscovery and it gives the same error. I suspect the only solution is to rediscover the device in the kasa app it's just such a pain and i dont k kw why it keeps happening

Options
2019-11-06 00:20:38

@Nick22 

Has anyone fixed this before because now nothing's working even deleting the kasa app and kasa skill and doing everything from scratch didn't work I'm at a loss

Options
2020-03-21 19:44:49

@Nick22 

in my instance, I was able to resolve my "non detection" issue by going to the ALEXA App and  then SKILLS , then searching for the KASA app, and disabling, and then reenabling.

I then did a device search again within the Alexa app, and my HS210 switch was detected and recongnized with the name I had assigned in the KASA app.

Options
2020-04-03 04:43:17
Thank you, this worked for me. I lost Echo control of all devices, I could only use the Kasa App. I tried disabling and even deleting the devices in the Alexa App with no luck but disabling and reenabling the skill in the skills list did the trick. Thanks!!!!
Options
2020-10-15 20:11:09

@Nick22 yep same here, I'm trying to get Alexa to inform me that someone might be in my living room, but it just give notifications on my iPhone. I want to hear Alexa voice like my ring , blink , uhh 

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 3444

Replies: 14