Fire TV drops internet with Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-29 12:00:29 - last edited 2019-10-29 12:03:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I installed a Deco M5 system in my house a couple weeks ago and everything seemed fine. Now since that time, two of my Amazon Fire TV boxes keep loosing internet connection, but are still connected to WiFi. Could be after 20 minutes or could be a few hours, no way of knowing when or if it will happen when sitting down to watch something. Restarting the Fire TVs doesn't solve it, I have to "forget" the network and then log back into it to get them to connect again and access the internet. This has happened when they are linked to the main Deco and one of the extention Decos. They are set to high priority.

I have over 30 devices connected to my network (including a Roku) and the Fire TVs are the only devices that have seemed to have this issue.

Any solution to this? I never had this issue using my previous TP Link wireless router. Getting rather frustrated. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Fire TV drops internet with Deco M5
2019-11-04 17:02:20

@browne762 

Enable the guest network, both bands. Only have the Fire TV devices connected to it. See how that connection holds.

Options
2019-11-04 17:09:29 - last edited 2019-11-12 18:13:17

I retruned the Deco system and purchased another product. Problem solved. 

Options
2019-11-12 06:15:15
I'm having the identical problem. After a couple of weeks of having the Deco M5 set up, none of my Fire TVs work. They can't connect to the internet. I have two Fire TV Sticks A Fire TV And a Fire TV Cube All have the same problem. No other device (smart TVs, phones, laptops, tablets, smart plugs, etc) have an issue connecting. Been trying to solve for months.
Options
2019-11-12 06:44:49

@Tony Creating a guest network didn't solve the problem. Any other ideas?

Options
2019-11-12 18:05:10

@AmznGeek 

You could try disabling beamforming and free roaming. If those do not help you can see if Amazon knows of issues with their devices and mesh networks as the previous individual said all their other devices worked fine.

Options
2020-02-01 22:37:39

@Tony  I disabled my free roaming and fire TV was able to connect.  I use the Deco M5

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3254

Replies: 6

Related Articles