So I have the nano travel router, I need major networking help. Need help see pictures.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

So I have the nano travel router, I need major networking help. Need help see pictures.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-30 00:11:46 - last edited 2019-10-30 00:18:43
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

so I have a phone with internet, ----> sending the internet to the computer using Pdanet connection ( a google play store app I Bought, it's a wifi direct connect) ------>  then using an Ethernet cable from the computer going to the Tp nano Travel router,  and that is where i want the TP travel router to share the internet from my computer (pda connection) to other devices.

The phone to the computer is working and I can use the internet. (pda connection works with internet)

Here is a picture of my setup and what I need to know is how to setup the Ip addresses correctly and why it's not working right now.

When I turn on Internet sharing then it creates an Ip address whick you see in the picture, apparently that is standard windows sharing to do that.

Well the problem is as you can see, it doens't seem to share the internet in regards to the TP travel router ..

What could I be doing wrong?

I currently have the router set on "Share ETH", but I have also tried "access point" as well and still no internet yet.

So basically I need to know what I am doing wrong, do I need to fill out the numbers manually?

I have run the quicksetup on both and still nothing.

I just want the TP link nano travel router that is connected by ethernet cable to my computer to share the internet with other devices.

Hope that makese sense.

Thank you.

pictures below :

https://ibb.co/3YPgFyp

Options
3 Reply
Re:So I have the nano travel router, I need major networking help. Need help see pictures.
2019-10-30 15:46:18 - last edited 2019-10-30 15:47:11

@Grapewine33 

When setting up the IP address on the Ethernet adapter, that need to be "Obtain IP address automatically". Disable and enable the connections to see if they take effect.

If that does not work there are two other options you have left.

1. Simply bridge the wireless connection, and the Ethernet connnection.

2. Ditch the app you are using to give a internet, just enable the mobile hotspot on your phone, set up the TL-WR902AC in mobile hotspot mode (https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2032/) where you can connect your computer and other wireless devices to.

Options
Re:So I have the nano travel router, I need major networking help. Need help see pictures.
2019-10-30 18:10:31

@Tony 

Thanks for the reply,I understand  what you are talking about with mobile hotspot but unfortunately I need to use the tether from the phone to the computer using the pda app because of the way android system works and I need to use that way to connect because android doesn't use my VPN and server setup when using only the phone hotspot. Its just the way android phone works when using hotspot itself.

Therefore the solution when someone like me has to use special software to tether the phone to the computer first and then share it with the travel nano router is the next best solution because I like the TP travel router and it's more powerful than my standard wifi in the computer if I was to just share it from my wifi card in the computer and well. 

I hope that makes sense.

So, I will try disabling and enabling the IP addresses.

I will try to bridge the pda connection and the ethernet.

And then I will try the mobile hotspot mode but I just feel that will mean the phone won't use my special setup of VPN and server mode I use.

So as far as the travel router, should I try "access point" or "share Eth" if I am still going to use this method of : phone tether ---> to the computer ----> computer to the travel router using an ethernet cable ---> the travel router shares what it gets from the computer to all devices.

How that all makes sense.

I will try some more experimenting and all it looks like is the travel router isnt getting the right settings to start sharing the internet from the computer.. that is what it looks like right now.

When I use the computer to just share the internet it gets from pda connection it works only with sharing internet with the computer wifi internal card.. but as soon as I try to share internet through the ethernet cable to send to the travel router for it to create a wifi hotspot, that is when the internet never makes it theough.

Anyway I will try what you said and see how it goes thanks.

If you think of anything else let me know. 

- I feel like I need to run the correct settings on the travel router and that is my problem to be honest..

Anyway thabks.

Options
2019-11-04 23:07:19

@Grapewine33 

User Share Eth, that is pretty much a typical router mode where what ever Etherent cable you plug into it will provide internet. 

Other then the TP-Link device, do you happen to have another device that can take the Ethernet cable, just to verify that interent is infact coming from the Ethernet cable. So you are not looking at the TP-Link device, when the issue is that no internet is coming from the Ethernet cable.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1252

Replies: 3