Recently purchased Deco M9 Plus (3 units) from Costco. This is replacing my 3 year old Archer C7 unit. Once I connected by first Deco unit, I did a speed test using the Deco app and saw the speeds north of 200 Mbps. Realized soon that not testing with other speed test apps was a mistake (more on that later). This unit was set-up in the basement and the speed test was done inches from it.
Set-up my second deco unit on the first floor of the house 3 feet from my TV unit. Once I was done with the set-up, I did a speed test again on the Deco app and saw 200 Mbps + speeds, however this time I corrected my earlier mistake and did speed tests on Ookla app and also Spectrurm's website, the speeds (on both) were 30-75 Mbps while Deco app happily kept showing speeds upwards of 200 Mbps.
After some trials and errors, I unplugged the second Deco unit and to my surprise, the speeds were back to 200 Mbps+ in all the apps. I am currently using only one unit as the set-up but will wait for support from TP-Link before deciding if I want to stick with this model or return it to Costco and go with Google's offering.
1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel 54023