TP Link Archer A2300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Archer A2300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP Link Archer A2300
TP Link Archer A2300
2019-11-06 23:28:31
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 20180123 Rel. 73741

Hello,

I am wondering if there is anyway to change what channel the guest network uses on my TP Link Archer A2300? I currently have a 2.4 GHZ guest network that is isolated from my main network and use it for my TP Link smart Bulb. Anyways and the issue may not even be channel congestion but sometimes the bulb just stops working, so the Kasa app and Alexa can't recognize it and I have to delete it and re add it and go through the whole setup process over. I don't know why it just stops as it was working fine last night before I went to bed and then today just wouldn't work. I beleive this is the 2nd time that it's done this in the 6 months I've owned the bulb.So my thought was maybe the channel the guest network was on was too congested and causing some issues. But I really don't know so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer A2300
2019-11-07 00:06:08

@bbgarnett 

The channel of the guest network is exactly what the channel is for the regular network. So if you modify the wireless channel on the main 2.4GHz to 11, the guest network 2.4Ghz will now run on 11.

Go into your bulb settings, and look at the device info, tap on the network it is connected to. If the signal strength is anywhere above -60 dBm move it closer to the network, as the signal may be getting to weak so it drops off the network and then reconnects.

Options
2019-11-07 00:21:16

@Tony hello and thank you for the info. As for the bulb it's maybe 5 ft from the router and shows as -27 dBm. 

Options
2019-11-07 17:14:35

@bbgarnett 

When you add the bulb back into Kasa it automatically checks for the latest firmware so that is good, and distance is not an issue. The signal strength is excellent so if the bulb continues to drop, and no other wireless devices are dropping it may be the bulb itself.

At that point you can look at contacting our support team for further assistance: Link

Options
2019-11-07 18:40:17 - last edited 2019-11-07 18:44:39

@Tony Hello thank you for the link and I will see how it goes this time as it's only happened like twice in the 5-6 months I've owned it so not a lot but just a tad annoying.I have also changed the channel the 2.4 GHZ network is on just to see if maybe it for some reason was too crowded and causing an issue. I have a lot of devices on my netowork but they're all either Hardwired or on 5GHZ only thing on my 2.4GHZ network is the Bulb and my Echo Dot and possibly my HP printe rcan't remeber but I think that only was able to connect to a 2.4GHZ band. But there are lots of other peoples Wifi's around my area so I see anywhere from 5-10 at a time.

Options