Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

a week ago
Model: KC120
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have setup 2 TP Link cameras in my house I can see them on my phone and on my small screen google home device. 

I want be able to view them on my computer but I can not find a app for my windows computer so I can view them.

It looks like it want me to add the device to the TP cloud but it will not allow me. 

How do you view the feed from a TP link cameras on your windows computer. 

This is not new tecnoclogy , you should be albe to see the feed from you camera in your house on the computer in your house on the same network.

Options
3 Replies
Re:Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.
a week ago

@FrankJJ 

Kasa Cameras were designed specifically with cloud foucus and anywhere access through an app.  Windows and Mac usage are not part of the designed and as such there is no application on those platforms.  TPcloud.com was for the older NC cameras.  

Options
a week ago

@Carl 

WOW this is sad there ia a technology "PC" which has been around now for over 40 years  and you are not including it to interface with your output from your cameras. So, if you do not own a samrt phone you are basically excluding customers from viewing what is on ther camera they just paid you for. 

Yes I am over 50 years old but I am a computer system engineer and live on my computer so it would just make sense if you are going to sell a product that is supposed to allow customers to see views from their home you would make sure you allow that one devcie that is in everyones home to access it. 

This may force me to return all of my TP-link product if you are going to discriminate againt a group of poeple using a global technology that is not in your scope of offering, this poor marketing at its best. 

Thanks for the feedback, but this is still sad, TP-Link need to look into creating apps for PC and MAC, we do not all live on our phones. 

Frank

Options
a week ago

@FrankJJ 

The product is not market for use on PC or MAC.  The packaging clearing states requirements for the App and use on iOS or Android devices.  This is how most "cloud" cameras are designed, not just by us by the community abroad.  It is how our Kasa Cameras are desgined and marketed.  Its not that we are ignoring a platform or specific cusotmer base, its simply these cameras are not designed for that purpose.  

Options