Archer A10 keeps dropping wireless connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-10 15:10:45
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 0.9.1 v1000.0 Build 190305 Rel.62969n(5553)

My new A10 seems to be working properly, however it cannot maintain a continuous wifi connection. This means I will be connected to it on my laptop, but then the wifi connection is lost for no apparent reason (still within range). When the computer tries to automatically reconnect, it is unable to. The only way to solve this is to turn off the router and reboot. Then it will work for a few hours before this starts happening again. 

The wired connections to the router continue to work. The router status page and lights are all normal (not indicating any fault). My settings are all default, with separate 5G and 2.4G bands. It happens with different computers and devices, so its not that. 

I think something must be defective and I need to send the router back. But I thought I'd post here first. 

Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer A10 keeps dropping wireless connection
2019-11-10 15:42:41

@halacious The tech support guy said to change 5ghz channel selection to 44 from "auto". we'll see if this works. 

Options
2019-11-11 17:15:37

@halacious 

Changing the wireless channels and channel width are recommended like the tech mentioned. 

Another thing is to make sure the router is running the latest firmware.

Options
2019-11-15 01:04:37
Still doesn't work. I'm sending this thing back. Piece of junk.
Options
2020-04-21 13:42:48

@halacious I'm having the same issues. Brand new I just received yesterday. Everything is working fine except my Cell phone which keeps losing internet connection. It says i'm connected to the router but no internet. Doesn't matter which band. I just rebooted the router which solved it last night, but now it just doesn't want to get the internet connection. 

I'm thinking about returning this item also. 

Options
2020-05-28 07:56:26

@Johnholmes85 

I tried bringing the transit signal to Medium. Let's see what happens. 

Options
2020-05-29 03:54:26
Similar problems. Attempting warranty replacement. Has been a disaster thus far.
Options
2020-07-31 15:35:28 - last edited 2020-07-31 15:36:48

@halacious 

I was having the same issue with a new A10 I purchased in April.  I went back and forth (via email) with tech support and my case was elevated to the developers.  I was emailed a link to a beta firmware which addresses this issue.  I installed the beta firmware and I NO LONGER have the issue of dropped wifi.  I was told by a developer that this firmware was planned to be released final but I have yet to see it.  Hope this helps and you can get your issue resolved.

Options
2020-08-02 19:26:09

@halacious where is the link for the beta?  I can't keep a wifi connection from dropping every 12-24 hours

thanks

halacious wrote

My new A10 seems to be working properly, however it cannot maintain a continuous wifi connection. This means I will be connected to it on my laptop, but then the wifi connection is lost for no apparent reason (still within range). When the computer tries to automatically reconnect, it is unable to. The only way to solve this is to turn off the router and reboot. Then it will work for a few hours before this starts happening again. 

The wired connections to the router continue to work. The router status page and lights are all normal (not indicating any fault). My settings are all default, with separate 5G and 2.4G bands. It happens with different computers and devices, so its not that. 

I think something must be defective and I need to send the router back. But I thought I'd post here first. 

Options
2020-08-04 13:43:02

@Johnholmes85 Just an update. I returned the product. I've used TP Link Access Points and Repeaters in the past and always had problems with them where I had to factory reset all the time and reboot the device. I bought a Netgear AC2300 and I haven't had 1 problem yet. This Archer A10 I had issues from the start. First thing I had an issue with was simply allocating specific IP's to devices which it didn't like and I had to factory reset it. I won't be bying another one of these ever. 

Options
2020-10-17 16:13:30

@Kwrcst  Can you post a link for the beta firmware?  I am having the same issues and I am on my second A10.  If it wasn't past the return date on Amazon I would have shipped it back!  Many Thanks.

Options