Question on Bandwidth control for WR840N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-22 12:08:16
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.4.16

Ive configured my DHCP range to 192.168.0.100 - 120 with bandwidth control ingress/egress set to 5Mbps. 

1. Are all clients connected to WLAN gets to have that 5Mbps each or It is shared across all devices? 
  2. Why is that I've configured some certain devices at home to obtain IP based on MAC just so to be excluded from the bandwidth control that ive set (5Mbps) but its still getting IP from that DHCP range? Does that Obtain IP based on MAC works only between those ranges?
  3. Is there a way for me to segregate users such that I have users bounded to bandwidth control and users that are excluded from it based on MAC or IP?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question on Bandwidth control for WR840N
2019-11-22 21:41:07

@mana 

Although this particular model was not sold in the US based on what we can find for this router the Bandwidth Control apply to the devices in the rules list.  The ingress/Egress you set on the first page are your total ingress/egress from your ISP.  the ingress/egress in the rules is what you want to limit that device or group of devices to.   No sure what you are refereing to obtain IP by MAC, as this is how an IP address is assinged in the first place. You can use the rules in bandwidth conntrols to exclude specific devices from the limitations. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1113

Replies: 1

Related Articles