Can't connect to wireless devices! C5400X

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-22 22:25:56
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build: 20180904 rel. 41828(5553)

DISREGUARD ANY MODEL NUMBER NOT IN THIS DESCRIPTION.

I am having a problem with my wireless devices connecting to C5400X.

The orginal problem was my connection to my provider, it did't exist.
I used my provider's support (Comcast) and had little success. They directed my to TP-Link's support.
Contacting TP-Link's support was a little better. TPL's support had me "Clone Current Computer MAC Address" the result was my connecting to my provider.

My problem is I can't connect my wireless devices to the router without addressing each device under "Access Control" in the "Devices in Whitelist".

My Comcast Modem is:
Vendor:            Technicolor
Model:               CGM4140COM
BOOT Version:  S1TC-3.49.18.14
Product Type:    XB6

PC:
Motherboard:  ASRock X570 Taichi

I am at a total lost as to what to do, Any Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to wireless devices! C5400X
2019-11-25 19:37:04

@ThomM 

You would not need to configure a access control since by default the router allows a client device to connect. Log into the router and go to Advanced > Security > Access Control, and disable it. 

The first issue you mentioned about needing to clone the MAC is likely due to the modem not recognzing the routers MAC address. It is also known as MAC binding, rebooting just the modem while the router is connected tends to solve that or cloning the MAC of the computer the modem recognizes which looks like you did.

Options
Re:Can't connect to wireless devices! C5400X
2019-12-03 20:01:33
Tony Thanks for the reply . I did try to access my wireless devices and they hadn't and won't connect. I finally tried the "Access Control" to connect the wireless devices and this seems to work, to a point. I don't have the MAC address for everything I need to connect. I am still in need of some assistance: Has anybody had problems with the Xfinity, Technicolor CGM4140COM? This is the Modem-Router that Comcast is pushing; it is a obelisk looking device that is a pain in the bum. Any assistance will be appreciated'
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2032

Replies: 2

Related Articles