AX50 HomeCare Details/Confusion About Kength of Coverage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-26 05:29:18

Hi.

I am looking at either the AX50 and the AX3000.  I see the AX50 comes with TrendMicro HomeCare.

My confusion and the details I am curious about is the length of term.

When I click on the 'LEARN MORE' link it says that HomeCare is included for a full 3 years at no extra cost, yet when I scroll to the bottom of the page for the AX50 and view the fine print it states the length is only 6 months.

Which is correct?

or 

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX50 HomeCare Details/Confusion About Kength of Coverage
2019-11-26 18:12:12

@PlayerOne 

There is a new HomeCare that is still in the peliminary stages for the AX50. More information will be made available at a later date.

Options
2019-11-27 06:42:38

@Tony 

So for now, is it only the six months instead of the 3 years?

Options
2019-11-27 16:47:48 - last edited 2019-11-27 16:48:15

@PlayerOne 

Currently it does not contain HomeCare, as far as the time frame that may change as we are still finalizing that. It will be different, but unfortunately I am not able to give specifics except that more information will be made availble later.

Options
2019-11-29 00:45:03

Tony wrote

@PlayerOne 

Currently it does not contain HomeCare, as far as the time frame that may change as we are still finalizing that. It will be different, but unfortunately I am not able to give specifics except that more information will be made availble later.

@Tony 

If it does not have HomeCare, why are they advertising that it does on the web site?

Options
2019-12-04 17:56:10

@PlayerOne 

Thank you for bringing this up.

What happened was HomeCare was not initially available, but a firmware was released in November which gave the HomeCare ability, but only through the Tether app.

I was incorrect in not stating or eluding to the firmware which gave the HomeCare ability which is why it is on the main site.

Here is a link to the firmware where the release notes mention it: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax50/#Firmware

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1363

Replies: 5